Sunday, June 28, 2009

Eureka!!! 6 years!!!

Rachael and I celebrated our six year wedding anniversary this year (6/28/09). We decided to get away to the coast and went to Eureka. It was a blast.

We drove to Eureka Friday after I got off work. We arrived at 9:00 and drove through the town to scout everything out and see where our hotel was at. We had a hotel reserved for Saturday night. For Friday night we decided to camp out in the back of our van on the beach. So we drove to the beach in Samoa. It was great except for the cop who showed up at 11:30 to see what we were doing. He was actually a really nice guy. We told him it was our anniversary and we just wanted to camp on the beach for one night. He said that wasn't technically allowed int he spot we were at, but he saw that we were no trouble makers and said he would radio his co workers so we would be left alone and we could stay there for the night. Sweet!!! we woke up and went for a walk on the beach. It was so nice. Just Rachael and I walking the ocean. After that we went and ate breakfast at the Samoa cookhouse!!! French Toast as big as my head. SOOOO GOOD!!!

After breakfast we headed to Ferndale and walked the tiny town streets, poking our head into the small shops that were open. Then we went back to Eureka for some shopping at the mall. Once shopping was done we drove to Trinidad and had an amazing lunch of fish and chips, clam chowder, and for desert, some salt water taffy. We were both stuffed to utter satisfaction. We then walked down to the beach and then headed to Patrick's point. We went to Agate beach. That was so much fun. Rachael and scowered the shore for agates. I found a pretty good one for Rachael. Agate beach was one of our favorite parts of the trip. From there we headed back into town to relax and have dinner.

So for dinner we went to The Lost Coast Brewery!!!!!!! I was so excited to go here. I warmed up with a pint of their Tangerine Wheat. So ice cold and straight from the source. I then tackled the sampler platter of all their different beers. It was amazing. I would drive to Eureka just to go here!!! I had a roast beef sandwich, which was made from roast beef marinated in Downtown Brown!!! Awesome. After dinner we went to the movies and saw Night at the Museum 2. It was a great date movie and Rachael and I both enjoyed it.

So on our alst day we slept in a bit and then went to the mall for a little more shopping. We then went to clam beach on our way back to Redding. I was determined to find Rachael a whole sand dollar and lo and behold, after a lot of searching I was able to find one!!! It was a great way to end our trip!!! Then back home we came.

The trip was amazing, but it was only so great because I was able to spend it with my wonderful wife. Hon, I cannot tell you how awesome the last six years have been. We have been through so much (in a good way) and I cannot believe how far we have come. We are blessed with two beautiful and amazing daughters. They are so great and you are such a great mom to them. I cannot thank you enough for the way you treat them and take care of them. You have been by my side, not matter waht I was doing or going through. I am overjoyed with the closeness I have seen us both grow towards the Lord. It has been an amazing thing to look back at and see. I know that we are just now entering into what God is truly wanting to use us for!!! You love me more then I deserve. I love you so much and am truly blessed to get to have you as my wife. You are an amazing wife, mom, woman of God and friend. You are my best friend and can't tell you enough that I LOVE YOU!!!

Thank you for six wonderful years of marriage and here is to the rest of our lives together!!!

3 comments:

  1. You guys are two awesome people who got married and made an amazing couple. Then you had some amazing kids and became a terrific family.
    Loves you guys.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much Hon...you bless me so much and I thank God everyday I wake up next to you. Thank you for taking such amazing care of me and the girls, and providing for us so faithfully. I also want you to know how much I admire your desire to serve the Lord with your life..I see that and want that for my life, thank you for leading us. I love you so much and also look forward to the future... where ever that my lead us.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i totally thought rach was responding to billys comment in her comment...awkward.

    ReplyDelete